Are you asking yourself how much does it cost to replace an asphalt shingle roof in Dahlonega Georgia? RRG Roofing can help you answer this. Replacing an asphalt shingle roof in Dahlonega, Georgia, may be a difficult task. You may wonder about many things.
Whom should I hire? What materials do I need? How much money will I have to invest? It may become overwhelming!
To make matters worse, no Dahlonega contractors list roof prices on their websites.
Instead, RRG does not hide its prices. We firmly believe we must be honest and open to our clients. You don’t have time to lose when needing to repair or replace your roof. Thus, we offer complete transparency during the whole process of your roofing project.
Likely, you need to know how much a new roof for your home may cost. You may want to start estimating your project’s expense.
So, here, we will tell you how much it costs to replace a Dahlonega, Georgia, asphalt shingle roof.
Roof Replacement Costs in Dahlonega, GA
These three factors affect the cost of removing and replacing a roof in Dahlonega, Georgia:
- Your new roofing material
- Your roof’s extension (in square feet)
- How complex is your project? This aspect includes elements such as your home’s steepness and height.
When it comes to roofing materials, asphalt shingles are the most affordable and popular in Dahlonega. You can choose from these four types of asphalt shingles:
- 3-tab shingles
- Architectural shingles
- Upgraded architectural shingles
- Designer shingles
You can choose the best option, depending on your budget, the style you like the most, and the warranty extension.
Below, we will show you the average cost of a typical Dahlonega home in 2022. We will use the roofing materials mentioned before.
Cost to Replace a 3-Tab Roof in Dahlonega, Georgia
Three-tab asphalt shingles are the most affordable and are commonly called builder-grade shingles. If you are on a tight budget, they are good for you. But, have in mind that they are the less durable option.
- They look like slate shingles
- Usually, they last for 12 to 15 years.
- They provide the least wind protection and are more likely to blow off your roof in a strong wind.
- Single story home: A 3-tab shingle roof on a 2-sided residence without chimneys or skylights costs $7,300.
- 2-story residence: A 2-story, more complicated 3-tab shingle roof costs $8,950 on average.
- Complex 3-tab roof: A sophisticated 3-tab shingle roof with valleys and gables costs $10,600.
Cost to Replace an Architectural Shingle Roof in Dahlonega, Georgia:
Architectural or dimensional asphalt shingles are heavier than 3-tab shingles and have a superior wind rating. Most Dahlonega residents choose these asphalt shingles.
- These shingles’ proportions increase curb attractiveness.
- Properly ventilated architectural roofs endure 17 to 22 years.
- Depending on the manufacturer, proper installation can give wind protection up to 130 mph.
- Simple architectural shingle roof: A 2-story home in Pooler with no chimneys or skylights costs $11,200.
- Architectural shingle home with few valleys: A roof with a dormer, several facades, and valleys costs $14,150 on average.
- Complex architectural shingle roof: A sophisticated architectural shingle roof with hips and valleys costs $17,100.
Cost to Replace an Upgraded Architectural Shingle Roof in Dahlonega, Georgia:
Upgraded architectural asphalt shingles are as cost-effective as 3-tab or standard shingles. Architectural shingles provide excellent curb appeal compared to their smaller counterparts.
- This thicker and heavier shingle gives roofs more definition and curb appeal. Their thickness makes them stand out from the street.
- These asphalt-based shingles endure 25 to 30 years.
- Heavy roofing materials are less likely to blow away in a windstorm. Upgraded shingles can weigh 100 lb. per square foot more than regular architectural shingles.
- Simple upgraded architectural shingle: For a house with two straight sides, no chimneys or skylights, a roof costs $13,100.
- Slightly complex, upgraded architectural shingle roof: A complicated roof with a skylight, hips, and valleys costs $16,050.
- Upgraded architectural shingle on a complex roof: A 2 or 3-story home with dormers, walls, and valleys costs $19,000.
Cost to Replace a Designer Asphalt Shingle Roof:
Designer or luxury asphalt shingles add unique value and curb appeal to your home.
- Manufacturers make these shingles for aesthetics, and they come in many colors.
- Their lifespan can last between 30 and 40 years.
- With appropriate installation, these shingles provide unrivaled wind and storm protection.
- Simple designer asphalt shingle roof: On a home, without chimneys or skylights this roof costs $18,300.
- Designer mid: A sophisticated 2-story or split-level home with a chimney, skylight, and valleys costs $23,700 for a designer asphalt shingle roof.
- Large home with designer asphalt shingles: For a sophisticated 2-story or split-level home with a chimney, dormers, and valleys, it costs $29,100.
Can My Dahlonega Home Afford Asphalt Shingles?
You may estimate replacement prices yourself, but a trustworthy Dahlonega roofing contractor is better. They can provide you with the asphalt shingle roof specifics and an in-depth explanation.
Likewise, any professional roofing company will provide financing if you can’t afford a new roof.
At RRG Roofing, we don’t consider a decent roof a luxury. Dahlonega homeowners deserve it.